Sunday, December 23, 2007

I want a new brain for Christmas...

If I didn't procrastinate so much, I could have done this (because it is genius) and used some of these... I'll save the ideas for next year, but won't remember that I saved them, and if by some miracle I do, I won't be able to find them.

I hid some gifts this year from the kids in what seemed, at the time, to be a very reasonable place. But as I started accumulating all of the gifts in one place to begin the frenzy of meticulously wrapping all the loot in pretty paper - carefully selected and adorned with coordinating ribbon and what-not - so that it's receiver can rip off the paper in mere seconds without appreciating the decorative outside even one bit, (take a breath) I came up short a few. I made a resonable search, at first, finding nothing. But after I checked out all places that NOW seemed reasonable places to stash a gift, and still coming up empty, panic began to set in. And the ransacking began...

Then Heath, realizing the impending destruction, got in on the effort, seeing the melt-down about to ensue! He moved slowly, and reasonbly. I would check the same places over and over, semi-frantically. He would remind me I had already looked there. I ended up on the edge of the bed with tears of exhaustion, frustration, and sheer ahhhhhh! welling up, when Heath strolled in with the elusive treasures.

When I asked where they were, he said this: "In that blue bag hanging on the hanger in the closet. I thought they might be in there earlier, but I thought you might have something in there for me that you didn't want me to see."

Wishful thinking on his part, don't you think!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Come on Santa...if he can pull of the trampolene in the backyard, you should have had a brain in your stocking.

Andrea said...

love it, as usual! we have to try those cupcakes in a jar one morning. I have octagon jars that would work. or we could use coffee mugs and fill it to the brim with icing - yum!