Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Great Day

I woke this morning to this perfect vision!



Then after we managed to get Hudson off to school, the little boys and I went to their favorite park. The winds were close to gale force, but we held on tight so as not to fly away and it was well worth it for the fun! After all, I was itching to try out this new prize Heath had scored for me!


After a time of pure monkey play, the boys and I embarked on a trail. I had never been down this particular trail before, and well, about 20 minutes in I was wondering where this journey might lead...Jake and Cole decided it was time to map out a plan. Here they are making a "trail map" to guide us back.


Eventaully (about 45 minutes later) we were back at the park. It was fun, and I think the adventure of mom not knowing where the end might be just added to the adventure! Of course, after that much wind, our allergies are now totally out of control, but it was a great time! It could have only been better if Heath and Hudson could have been home with us...

And like the day's start, it ended in perfect fashion as well. And although he won't be home today, Heath did a great job making this day great!

5 comments:

CM said...

Happy Birthday, Jonna! It looks like you had a marvelous day. And who could argue with the day ending with a beautiful dessert like that?

Leslie said...

Awesome pictures...love the new prize!! Sounds and looks like you had a great Birthday.

Beth Hames said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looks goooood!

JessBless said...

Happy Birthday. What a blessed woman you are. I'm so glad that you were able to truly enjoy the day and all that God gave you...including a very sweet husband...with great taste!

twarpula said...

Happy Birthday girl!! Now we can even have more fun with PS. ;)
Oh and by the way, I knew about your little prize! LOL!!
-tanya