Monday, September 10, 2007

The Proof Is In The Pudding, So To Speak...

People, both known and unknown, are always commenting about Jake's blonde hair, since the rest of us are not blessed with the "blondie hair" as he calls it. Here are excerpts from the most heard comments.

"Now just where did he get that blonde hair?"

"Is there anyone in your family with blonde hair like that?"

"Does your mailman (exchange for milkman, cable guy, pizza man, etc.) have blonde hair?"

You get the idea. Today I felt fully confirmed that he shares my DNA...Here's why.
  • I had a meeting at work this morning and when I picked him up from preschool Jake took my hand and asked "Did you have a good meeting, Mom?" Later, on the way to pick up Hudson from school he asks, "So what kind of meeting did you have today?" As I explained some boring junk about the committee for evidenced-based practice and Policies and Procedures for the NICU, he interrupted to ask "but, did you have cake?"

  • After we retrieved Hudson from his teacher, we were headed back to the car. The others were up ahead and Jake and I lagged behind. We we strolling quietly and leisurely, hand in hand. Jake speaks, "It's a great day today isn't it." I nodded in agreement. He added, "A great day for pie!"

That is, no doubt, MY boy!

4 comments:

LJ said...

Who knew Jake and I had so much in common. . . a SWEET TOOTH! I hope that was "Dots of Chocolate Cake" and an apple pie! YUM! I just love all of his one liners... always full of laughs (even when unintentional).

Beth Hames said...

The rest of him is sweet too, not just the tooth. I love how concerned he is about you and how your day is going.

CM said...

Jake has to be one of the sweetest little guys out there. The things he says make me smile!

Unknown said...

Grandma-the-Great can give you a picture of her blonde boys, circa 1956, that will end all comments - or that could, at least, serve as the centerpiece of an enlightened discussion on the propagation of DNA.