Tuesday, October 9, 2007

What Has the World Come To?

Heath emailed me his "itinerary" for his elk hunting trip today. It included GPS coordinates of his expected location(s). Seriously. GPS coordinates. Like latitude and longitude and multiple other initialed abbreviations of whose meaning is totally lost on me.

And while email has no tone, I could hear the mockery in his fingers hitting the keyboard as he adds, and I quote, "this will help the right person."

I'm starting to feel like maybe I am as old and "out of it" as Hudson thinks I am. I overheard him telling Jake last week that I probably read lots of books when I was a kid because they didn't really have TVs back then. His shock was palpable when I told him that we did, indeed, have the technology of television when I was a child - we even had them in color. And then it occured to me that perhaps I had only further proved his point for him as he looked at me with true bewilderment and said, "I don't know what you mean when you say 'in color,' Mom."

4 comments:

JessBless said...

I love all your entries because they are all so very relatable! But, what is so great is your humorous twist. I need more of that in my life...but until then I'm just going to keep anticipating your next blog post.

LJ said...

What do you know... I had a TV in color too! I do remember the days when we RENTED a VCR from the video store though - how sad!

CM said...

I'm impressed with the very high tech relationship you have with your husband!

Jennifer said...

Love it!