Monday, September 24, 2007

It's All In How You Look At It!

When I picked Jake and Cole up from school today, we went through the usual "how was your day-what did you do-what did you learn about-did you eat all your lunch" line of questioning. Each of them went on and on about who played with who and which friend brought what for lunch or who wasn't there today, etc.

Then Cole told me he learned about bottoms. I figured his usual juvenile male fascination with the derriere and its uses had sagged over into the current conversation with silliness.

me - What?

Cole - I learned about bottoms. I made a bottom in my class.

me - What are you talking about?

Cole - I made a bean bottom.

me - Cole, quit being silly. We don't talk about bottoms, remember. It's potty talk.

Cole - But I made a bean bottom. I'll show you.

me, confused - Okay you can show me when we get home.

By the time we had picked up Hudson from school and made it home, we had both forgotten the conversation. Then I started looking through the formiddable stack of papers that I collected from school for the day. That's when I found this.

And if you tilt your head to the left, you see this:
A bean bottom, indeed. And bottom does begin with "B"...

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is one cute tush!

CM said...

Cole is such a smart little guy! Leave it to a little boy to realize that if you tilt your "B" around it will make a bottom...

JessBless said...

Cole is just thinking outside the box. :)

Beth Hames said...

HAHAHAHA! What a smartie!

Andrea said...

I love the way he thinks! Not because I love potty talk or anything.

LJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
twarpula said...

He's a smart boy!! At least he didn't call it a boob! ;)
Tanya